Short Courses and Workshops
Scientific and technological advances shape the face of industry today. In order for engineers, technologists and managers to keep up with the swift changes in the field, they must be lifelong learners.
For those interested in increasing their expertise
in the field of ceramics and glasses, or those
just being introduced, Short Courses are a good
option. Designed for professionals in the ceramics
and glass industry, these intensive courses offer
a chance to update your knowledge of the field
in a short period of time. Courses range from detailed,
in-depth examinations of very specific topics to
broader introductory classes.
Upcoming and Recent Short Courses
- Fracture Analysis and Failure Prevention of Glasses and Ceramics - June 11 - 15, 2018. Class limit of 18. Reserve Early!
Previous On-Campus Short Courses
- Analytical Scanning Electron Microscope
- Ceramic Glaze and Body Formulation
- Ceramic Science for the Artist
- Coatings on Glasses
- Energy Relevancy of the Glass Making Process (Energy Practices for Engineers and Plant Personnel)
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Firing of Ceramics: Kilns & Furnaces, Equipment & Controls, Firing Profiles
- Fundamentals of Ceramics and Ceramic Manufacturing
- Glass - Its Production and Properties
- Glass Science for the Glass and Ceramic Artist
- Introduction to Biomaterials
- Introduction to Ceramics and Glazes for Art Conservation
- Introduction to Ceramic Processing
- Introduction to Glass
- Introduction to Phase Diagrams
- Introduction to Photonics
- Tape Casting for Research and Manufacturing Innovation
We Can Develop a Course to Fit Your Needs
Many of the courses we offer can be adjusted to fit the specific technological needs of your organization, or we can create a course individually designed to your specifications. These programs provide intensive instruction to your key people, who in turn disperse their new knowledge throughout the organization, providing a big return on your investment.
- Since there are no employee travel expenses, the cost per employee (with an enrollment of ten or more) can be significantly less than the overall cost of sending staff to campus
- Questions pertaining to your organization's needs can be confidentially discussed.
- The course can be modified to address topics important to your organization, deleting those of little interest or expanding on areas of high priority.
Short course programs of several days duration offer extensive in-depth coverage of materials and provide opportunities for greater interaction by participants.
To discuss the possibility of having a course designed especially for your company and presented on-site, contact: David Gottfried, Email.